Pages

Mar 27, 2012

Keep fit program on the radio


Hello, every one!
How are you doing today?
This is Rumi from the Shibuya Business Garden.
Have you ever heard of Radio Taiso(keep fit program on the radio)?
On last Sunday, I needed to do an errand in early morning and went to the station near my place.
It was a beautiful Sunday morning and the neighborhood was still quiet.
But on my way to the station, I heard a music from somewhere.
I looked around and grinned realizing it was the sound of the radio Taiso.
At a construction site, stuff members were doing exercise in rhythm from the radio.
This particular keep fit program on the radio has LONG history here in Japan, and without exaggerating,
people in any generation in Japan probably can perform this exercises.
While in an elementary school, I( as well as all kids) had to attend this program which started at 6:30 am every morning during summer vacations.
Kids went there with their eyes still half closed.
Many parents also attended to this program together with kids.
People do this exercises not so much for real excised purpose as for self-discipline, refreshing mind and have a productive day.
I haven't done this excise for more than 15 years.
But it might be a good idea to try before I go to work in the morning for refreshing mind.
Hope you have a smooth week.
Rumi
Shibuya Business Garden
Tel:03-6892-1111
Fax:03-6892-1151
Office Hours
Weekdays:9:00 to 20:00
Saturday:9:00 to 14:00
Sunday and Holidays: closed

No comments:

Post a Comment