Pages

Jan 3, 2012

Porridge with seven herbs



 A Happy New Year!
Hello, everyone. How are you? This is Rumi from the Shinjuku Business Garden.
How was your new year's holiday?
I had a very relaxed time at my parents' home.
I know most of you will start working from tomorrow( including of me)
Let's savor rest of our holiday and show up at office with refreshed mind!

Today, I am going to talk about " porridge with seven herbs"( nanakusa-gayu)
Have you heard about porridge with seven herbs?
This porridge is eaten on January 7th in the hope of healthy new year and this tradition could trace back to the Heian era(8th to 12th century)
To be honest, I have never liked this particular porridge. And I strongly believe many people think the same way.
This year however, I will try to cook the porridge for the first time in my life, as I'm sure my stomach needs a break from eating too much during the holiday.

I hope this year will bring you all a lot of happiness!

Rumi

-Shinjuku Business Garden-
K-1blds 3F, 7-2-6 Nishi-shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku Tokyo, 160-0023 Japan
TEL 03-6890-1111
FAX 03-6890-1151(Outside of Japan;+81-3-6890-1111)
-Office Hour-
Weekdays 9:00-20:00
Saturdays 9:00-14:00
(Sundays and Holidays: Closed)
HP: http://www.shinjuku-bg.jp/en/index.html
Posted by Yuki at 11:48 AM 0 comments


No comments:

Post a Comment