Pages

Apr 28, 2011

The people on Japanese currency ③Hideyo Noguchi

Hello, 
I am Meg at Yotsuya Business Garden.

I introduce a famous bacteriologist Hideyo Noguchi whose portrait is on one thousand yen bill. He isolated the spirochete that causes syphilis.

 

He was born in Fukushima prefecture where is a hottest place in Japan now.
When He was one year, he had a physical disability by an accidental burn on his left hand.
However, he overcame his physical handicap by being helped by his mother, teachers, and friends.


He is a very famous as a hero in Japan, because his life story has been published for children. When I was an elementary school student, I had read it and it impressed me.

After becoming an adult, I watched his life story on a TV show.
The one of the most impressive things is his mothers’ comments.

‘I provide for my son, even if I could not eat ’ 

It was her words at the accident.
She had a strong will to give education to her son despite her poverty.
I think she is also great!


Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment