Pages

Jun 14, 2016

Making a Japanese fan with paper cutting art    


Hi, everyone!

Do you like handcraft?

I tried paper cutting art at the event for the first time.

The rainy season has come and this is something you can do without going out.




Here are the  some illustrations to trace and cut.

I picked up 2 pandas and the butterfly.






Put the tracing paper on top of the illustration you choose and draw lines
exactly the same as the illustration.





Pandas are good. Easy to draw and cut. 
I had no problem with them but the butterfly!!

I made a totally bad choice.
It was too complicated to draw and cut, so I was running out of time.

Oh, I had to take the butterfly home to finish.

It was such a pain to cut the tiny wholes and thin lines with a regular cutter knife I had at home.
I didn't have the cutting tool especially made for paper cutting art.






Finally the butterfly came out as it is.
Please don't mention about how the outline is ragged.

Then, this is the last step, put all the cut papers on the a fan and press few seconds with hot iron.






A pair of panda came out great!!!   hahaha.





Thank you for reading!

have a nice week!









<Shibuya Business Garden>

http://www.shibuya-bg.jp/office/

TEL: 03-6892-1111
FAX: 03-6892-1151

Office Hours
Weekdays: 9:00 to 20:00
Saturday: 9:00 to 14:00
Sunday and Holidays: closed

No comments:

Post a Comment