Pages

Jan 16, 2014

What do you think of these new types of Kimono?

Hello,
The cold days has continued, but is everything ok?
I had caught a cold, and I couldn't go out during last three-day weekends.

Coming of Age Day (Seijin-no-hi) in Japan is the second Monday of January.
Young people who turn twenty years old in that year are celebrated on Seijin-no-hi. 

Ladies usually wear a traditional formal kimono called Furisode at the ceremony. I enjoyed watching Ladies Furisode every year.

What do you think of these new types of Kimono?

























These kimonos are not accepted by old type women, like me.
I took this picture at Kimono store of Kichijyouji PARCO.

Maybe I think that someday these type of kimono will be an ordinary style,
However, in Heisei ages for young ladies I recommend traditional style of Kimono.

Yotsuya Annex
Meg


Business Garden Yotusya Annex
Tel 03-5366-4700 Fax 03-5366-4701(Out side of Japan : +81-3-5366-4700)
http://www.yotsuya-bg.jp/annex/en/

Office Hours
Weekdays 9:00-20:00
Saturday, Sunday, and National holidays : Closed

No comments:

Post a Comment