Pages

Jan 21, 2014

Nikko Tosho-gu!

Hello everyone! This is Takashima from Business Garden.

As I wrote a bit about strawberry picking last week, I went on a short trip to Tochigi with my friends for the 3-day weekend, and I'm going to talk about our next stop, Nikko Tosho-gu, today.

Nikko Tosho-gu is a Shinto shrine, dedicated to Tokugawa Ieyasu, the founder of the Tokugawa shogunate.

Five structures of the shrine are determined as national treasures of Japan, and it was one of the most beautiful shrines that I'd ever visited so far!









The last one is probably one of the most famous structures at the shrine, the three wise monkeys, which is a traditional symbol of Japanese culture. The curving was actually a little bit smaller than I though it would be but was impressive indeed!

It takes about only a couple of hours from central Tokyo by car and is highly recommended for your one day trip on a sunny weekend with your friends, family, or your loved ones! ; )


Have a wonderful rest of the week!!


No comments:

Post a Comment