Pages

Dec 25, 2014

How to make Amazake

Hi, This is Ryoko from Yotsuya Business Garden.

I have a news that I will be working at Shimbashi branch from January 2015.
So, This is my last blog from Yotsuya.

I'd like to say thank you for all customers at Yotsuya Business Garden that I spent a great time here.
I may come to Yotsuya again, so please don't forget me!


Anyway, today I introduce my recent boom of Amazake! (a sweet drink made from fermented rice)

Firstly, boil one cup of rice with 400ml of water.
This is a typical Japanese rice cooker.
  

Secondly, add another 200ml of water and cool down the boiled rice a little.


Add 200g of rice-malt!


Mix them all.


Finally, keep the ingredients at the temperature of about 60 degrees for 6-10 hours. 
I used this yogurt making machine, but you can use rice cooker by using insulating function.


Here it is!
I'm sure you'll be surprise by its sweetness.
It doesn't contain sugar but really really sweet.

Ochoko (a small sake cup) is recommended to drink a day.


Be careful not to drink too much!
It might cause you taking over calories.


See you on next Thursday.

Ryoko



Yotsuya Business Garden
8-37 Sanei-cho,
Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan 160-0008
TEL:03-3358-1913 FAX:03-3358-1914(Outside of Japan:+81-3-3358-1913)


-Office Hours-
Weekdays 9:00-20:00
(Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays):Closed

No comments:

Post a Comment