Pages

Jan 9, 2014

Japanese sword, episode 2! Tameshi-giri.

Hi!

This is Ryoko from Yostuya Business Garden.

Did you enjoy your new year holiday?

I went back to my hometown in Shimonoseki and spent time with my family.

By the way, do you remember my blog about my father on October?

In "Katana-Japanese swords-", I introduced you that he takes lessons in "iai" which is the art of drawing swords.

This time, he showed and taught me how to do it!


You need some stuffs to prepare. These poles are made of "tatami", Japanese mats.

Surprisingly, they are handmade. I thought I could buy them somewhere, ha ha.

Then, set one of it on the stand.




Keep your mind very calm and clean.

Take a big step forward and make a smooth stroke of the sword.....




AND CUT DOWN!!


It's really really cool, isn't it?


I also tried it but the result was like this.



I am really proud of my father.

See you on next Thursday!

Ryoko


【Yotsuya Business Garden】
   More information ⇒⇒⇒ Please call us! 03-3358-1913





Yotsuya Business Garden
8-37 Sanei-cho,
Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan 160-0008
TEL:03-3358-1913 FAX:03-3358-1914(Outside of Japan:+81-3-3358-1913)


-Office Hours-
Weekdays 9:00-20:00
(Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays):Closed

No comments:

Post a Comment