Pages

Jul 10, 2012

Gardenia jasminoides

Hello, everyone. How are you?
This is Rumi from Shibuya Busienss Garden.

How was your weekend?
I went back to my parents' and spent a relaxed weekend.

I was happy to find my favorite flower in my parents' garden.
Ta-da--!  Gardenia Jasminoides!
Aren't they pretty?                                                                            





















Those white flowers look pretty themselves, but what makes me love those flowers is
their smell! It's sooo good.  The smell could put many expensive perfumes to shame.

They  bear fruits in fall and they are often used for food colouring.
They colour food beautiful yellow. My mom often use them when she cook Osechi(New year's food)

I personally prefer this kind of natural method over artificial one when it comes to food colouring.

Anyway, if you have a chance to be near this flower, please try to enjoy the smell.


Hope you have a smooth week.

Shibuya Business Garden
Rumi

Shibuya Business Garden
http://www.shibuya-bg.jp/office/
Tel:03-6892-1111
Fax:03-6892-1151
Office Hours
Weekdays:9:00 to 20:00
Saturday:9:00 to 14:00
Sunday and Holidays: closed

No comments:

Post a Comment