Pages

Apr 1, 2012

Mongolian Spot

Hello, everyone.
How are you doing today?
This is Rumi from the Shibuya Business Garden.
I have a nephew who turned 2 last December, and whenever I see him,
I check if his heart shaped monglian spot is still on his back.
It is sooo cute.
Do you have any idea what the Mongolian spot is?
The Mongolian Spot is blues which is almost always show up on Japanese newborn baby's skin especially in bottom and thigh. Those spots are result of densed melanin pigment in deep part of skin and usually disappear by the time kids turn 5.
As for Japanese, Mongolian spots represent baby, there is an expression like, "his bottom is still green!" when we tease someone's childish behavior. This expression could be compare to " greenhorn" in English.
My foreigner friend rolled his eyes when he saw my nephew's heart shaped Mongolian Spot.
He murmured " Japan is still full of mystery......"
Well, maybe Japan is!! haha!
I hope you have a relaxed Sunday.
Rumi
Shibuya Business Garden
Tel:03-6892-1111
Fax:03-6892-1151
Office Hours
Weekdays:9:00 to 20:00
Saturday:9:00 to 14:00
Sunday and Holidays: closed

No comments:

Post a Comment