Pages

Jun 27, 2011

Japanese Cute Characters vol.1 Hello Kitty


Japan is full of cute charater marchandise.


I bet you already know the world famous Japanese character "Hello, Kitty".


You can find her almost anywhere in Japan.








Hello Kitty in a panda costume at Yokohama China town.

Photo: taken last year when I visited there.






She is a white little cat with a ribbon on her left ear.

We call her "Kitty-chan". Chan is a suffix to call a little girl or to show your friendliness to the person. All Japanese girls love this white cat.


She was born in 1974 from the Japanese company Sanrio Company Ltd., in Tokyo. It was established in 1960. Well, you know what? Kitty is now 37 yrs old. XD


She is now loved in more than 70 conutries and about 50 thousands of new Kitty marchandise are produced. When I was a little girl, I was crazy about Hello Kitty stuff.



Actually, I am still fond of it...

















Here's my Hello Kitty notebook I am always carrying around.



By the way, did you know that Kitty's full name was "Kitty White"?


I didn't ! I even didn't know she had a family name.



Ayako

Shibuya Business Garden

Entrepreneur Support Plan at Shinjuku BG and Yotsuya BG

No comments:

Post a Comment